Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oslo, Norway!

We have returned!  I hope the picture of Chris with his vacation beard isn't too distracting and you can continue reading:)  After a VERY early flight this morning we landed in Frankfurt and I have been doing laundry ever since:)  Norway was awesome but crazy expensive.  I literally don't know how anyone actually lives there- it's dark 9 months out of the year with freezing cold weather and tons of snow and lunch at McDonald's costs $30.  NUTS.  But for us it was in the 70's everyday and was beautiful.  We took an overnight ferry out of Copenhagen (they called it a ferry but it was really like a mini cruise) and got into Oslo the following morning. 



We explored Norway for the day- they have an Opera House that was designed to look like a glacier sliding into the ocean:
and an ice bar!
It was a -5 degree bar where anything was made out of ice!  The glasses, chairs, walls everything is made out of ice that they import in from Sweden.  They even have to make special drinks that can retain their flavor and not freeze.
We spent the rest of the day walking around the city and trying not to go broke:)

It's a beautiful city but I'm not sure I could live there year round- although I could totally be convinced to go back and check out the northern lights.  After our day in Oslo we headed off to the fjords!  Our adoring public (a.k.a. my dad) have been requesting more posts so I will try to make my posts more frequent than a weekly thing- we almost have a double digit following:)

Hope you guys are having a geat weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment