Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hi! I apologize for the long break- turns out I'm in a little over my head at work:) I am now teaching english, literature, and SCIENCE to the 4th grade as well as running the school paper. They had "National Apple Day" at the school the other day and as I stood there listening to an insane song about apples being sung by a bunch of german children I had a "how did I end up here" kind of moment. Never fear we still find plenty of time of travelling:) Most recently I went on family vacation with my family and we had a fantastic time!! My parents and Tim flew into Frankfurt and we got to show them our apartment and our town.
 
From Frankfurt we headed to Dresden- my dad is a HUGE World War II buff and we went to see the sites of the fire bombings. We went to the military history museum which has an enormous amount of WWII memorabilia and has an entire floor dedicated to that time period.

From there we took a tour of the VW factory which is made completely out of glass!
 
We stayed in an amazing hotel from the 1500s and even found a food store that sells American food!  So I stocked up on pop-tarts, mac and cheese and lucky charms so we're all set:)  More tomorrow (I promise) but I have to go frantically write lesson plans so I can continue to fool my boss into thinking I know what I'm doing.  LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment