Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome to the first entry of the first blog I've ever had!  Chris and I are going to be spending the next year in Deutschland and hope to use this as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while we are far from home.

It's been about two weeks since I got here and I think I'm still definitively in the "honeymoon" period of my expat experience.  I am excited about all the travel we plan to do while we are here in Frankfurt!   This picture was taken last weekend when Chris and I set out to explore the "Romantic Road", which is a route that runs north to south through Western Bavaria from Wurzburg (going to have to find a font that lets me put in the umlaut, the two dots over letters so for now imagine them over the /u/) and Fussen (again imagination) near the Austrian border.  We made it about halfway but the BEST part of the trip was that I got to try out the Autobahn!  I'm a natural:)  More tomorrow as I figure out the ins and outs of blogging and living abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment